Are you a web developer looking to enhance his programming skills?
Looking to add vital computing and database management skills to your resume?
Want to understand how data is being stored in the digital world?
In case your answer to any of the above is a yes, continue reading.
To put it succinctly, the digital world is the world of data and this data requires a storage space and format. Going by reports of the International Data Corporation (IDC), it is estimated that volume of digital data generated in 2011 (1.8 zettabytes) will fill 115 billion 16 GB iPADs. This data, in the form of HTML, Documents, Vidoes etc, needs to be stored in data-centers. Even though this data is important, the data businesses value in is stored in Databases. In order to understand how these databases work, you need expert help. And this is where ‘SQL Tutorial course’ comes into the picture. Accompanied with in-depth exploration of database management, the course helps you master SQL in the easiest possible way.
What is SQL?
SQL is the language that queries the data in database to give you results like “how many people in my database are above the age of 21 and interested in learning SQL”. Needless to say, more than 90% of all large software and web projects employ SQL in one form or the other. When you learn SQL, you learn a language that has stood the test of time (there is no languages that poses a threat to SQL), has constant demand (ever increasing number of OCP certifications) and benefits everyone (including developers, engineers, managers, marketing professionals and even system administrators).
Special Features of the Course:
The course covers every aspect of SQL training, and possesses the following power-packed features:
- Basics Explained: This course is especially designed for beginners who have no background in DBMS. By the end of this course, you can expect to access and manipulate data in MySQL, SQL Server, Access, Oracle, Sybase, DB2, and other database systems.
- Level-wise Instruction: The course takes you from the beginner to advanced level in SQL, one step at a time.
- Revision of Concepts: This course also benefits professionals keen to revise or learn specific SQL concepts.
- OCP Certification: The course with its thorough content and methodology helps you prepare for an OCP certification.
- 20 LIVE interactive classes
- Access to class recordings
- Includes one document and one Online Test
Who can benefit from this course?
The ‘SQL tutorial course’ will be helpful for:
- Students who have completed or are pursuing B.S./ M.S./ B.Tech./ MCA/ PGDCA learn a valuable and an in demand practical skill
- Software developers, engineers and testers can enhance their resume and increase their chances of landing a dream job.
- System administrators will be able to manage database projects and servers
- Web designers will be able to develop full projects themselves than outsourcing it (will need to learn PHP as well)
- Marketing and sales professionals will be able to mine data for business intelligence
The following provides a complete list of topics covered by this course:
An Introduction to RDBMS
- Relational Data Base concepts
- Definition of Relational DataBase
- Data Models
- ER Modeling
- Benefits of ER Modeling
- Relating Multiple Tables with Primary key and Foreign Key concepts
- RDBMS terminlology
- RDBMS Properties
- Relational Database Management System
Basic SQL Statements
- To extract data from data base Note:- This lesson describes all the SQL statements needed to perform the actionsCapabilities of SQL Statements such as SELECTION,PROJECTION and JOIN
- Restricting and Sorting Data
- SQL Functions
- SQL LAB-1 This LAB covers selecting all data from different tables, describing the structure of tables, performing arithmetic calculations and specifying column names, selecting data and changing the order of rows displayed, restricting rows by using the WHERE clause, sorting rows by using the ORDER BY clause, creating Queries that require the use f numeric, character and date functions
- SQL LAB-2
- SQL LAB-3
- SQL LAB-4
- SQL LAB-5
Restricting and Sorting Data
- SQL Functions
- SQL Joins
- Data Manipulation Language (SQL)
- Creating and Managing Tables
- Constraints in SQL
- Views - SQL
- Creating Database Objects
- Controlling User Access
- Using SET operators in SQL
- Oracle Date time functions
- Enhancements to the GROUPBY clause
- Advanced sub queries
- Hierarchical Retrieval
- Oracle extensions to DML and DDL statements.
Language of instruction: English